Monday, February 15, 2010

So I guess I'm a little slow...

As it turns out, figuring out how to use complex obs is not nearly as hard as I had originally thought. When we finally got OpenMRS up and running, we found out that we had to install a module to add a form to a patient. So we were able to figure out how to install a module (that's actually really easy too) and also which modules we needed (or so we thought). We went back and forth between a few different modules at first (HTML Form Entry, FormEntry, and XForms. Right now I'm using just FormEntry, and to add a complex ob, you just have to create a concept of datatype complex. We were confused at first because we thought that something like an x-ray concept was a complex concept (or we thought it would automatically have an image handler). So as you can see, it is much easier to add a complex ob than I made it out to be.

I also spent some time messing around with XForms because I thought that I had to make a form in there that could handle complex datatypes. I was able to figure the complex obs in there also, but I went back and looked at our ticket and I don't think it is referring to XForms at all anyways.

Now, I'm trying to figure out where in the actual code we need to be working for our project. If it were just editing the HTML and JavaScript of a website, it would be super easy to do. I'm just a little confused about where to find the part we need to be working on (and a little confused about jsp).

1 comment: